Today marks the halfway point in our current exhibition at The People’s Palace & Winter Gardens, Glasgow.
It’s been a great summer and autumn that’s seen a a selection of over 120 Fizzers® caricatures raising a smile with museum visitors from around the world. As we enter the winter period there’s plenty more to come. Some dates for your diary:
- 30th October is the closing date for our Art of Caricature competition, part of The Big Draw and open to all primary school pupils in the city. Work should be handed in at the People’s Palace before 17:00
- Also on the 30th there will be a “Halloween Selfies” craft session for families from 13.00 to 15.00. This is a drop-in activity, no booking required and free of charge.
- 12th November at 12.30 Studio Co-ordinator Terry Anderson will conduct a tour of the exhibition. Again, no booking required and free of charge.
- 25th November will see the announcement of winners from our primary school competition, with a presentation of prizes in three age categories.
- Following Human Rights Day on the 10th of December, the museum will host secondary school pupils on the 14th for a talk from Terry about the problems facing cartoonists in different countries where freedom of expression is threatened.
Keep an eye on the blog and our Facebook page for further announcements.
Follow what others are saying about the show with the hashtag #fizzers10